Application Criteria & Procedures
NIRSA Region I offer support scholarships to our Regional membership on an annual basis. Regional Contingency funds and our sponsorship from AASG Sports Surfacing, Full Circle Padding, and New England Fitness Distributors are allocated to assist NIRSA Region I student members to attend the NIRSA National or Regional Conference, symposiums, workshops or clinics. Applications will be distributed at the annual Region I Conference and sent to all Region I Institutional Members for distribution to potential candidates. Scholarship Awards are not guaranteed to be offered annually.
- The Region I Scholarship Committee is comprised of 4 Professional Members within Region I.
- The Region I Scholarship Committee is appointed by the Regional Representative from a pool of committee volunteers. One committee member will be appointed chairperson.
- The Region I Scholarship Committee will serve for 1 calendar year with 1 member remaining for the upcoming year who will then serve as the committee chair.
Scholarship Dates and Deadlines
- Spring Award Cycle
- Publication of Award/Application: November 1, 2017
- Application Deadline: January 5, 2018
- Review of Applications by Committee: Week of January 8, 2018
- Decision of Awards: January 11, 2018
- Announcement of Awards: January 12, 2018
- Annual Conference Early Bird Deadline: January 18, 2018
Contact Chair: Rob Simels, The College of NJ